Sunday 11 March 2012

Seashore (Poem)

I sat by the seashore on the sand as my seat,
With the wind on my face and a wave at my feet.
Looking at yonder and the changing marine blues
Never even knew that there were so.. many hues!
The tides keep rising, bringing new ones near,
Washing the sandy beaches with waters sparkling clear.
The sounds of the waves – a music to my ear,
Are they, songs of the mermaids for me to overhear?
Children are playing with the fine trickling sand,
 Building moats and castles on the sun drenched land.
Shells and pebbles lie scattered on the shore,
Brought by the oceans as treasures to adore.
The seagulls keep teasing the everlasting wave,
And the clouds go a sailing all through the day.  
 I walk away home, but these memories linger on…
 Long after, my footprints on the sands are gone.

                                                                                                      (Picture from Google images)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful visual poem!

Sudha Mathivanan said...

Thank u for reading and leaving a beautiful comment